At Lindas Glow, our signature Natural Sweep™ eyelash extensions are full, and voluminous. These luxurious lashes will make you feel naturally glamorous, summoning compliments from your friends for weeks after your visit. If you haven’t tried them before, here is Linda’s guide to what you will need to know before, during, and after your eyelash appointment.
Preparing for Your Appointment
Prior to the appointment, remove any eye makeup and leftover mascara using our lash shampoo from Revitalash or another, oil-free cleanser. Lashes should not be permed or manually curled before your appointment.
Custom Consultation for Your Best Lashes
To help you choose the look you want, I will consult with you to understand what type of lashes and style you are interested in and what look will work best with your eye shape. The overall look of the lashes can range from very natural to very voluminous!
How Long Does it Take to Apply Eyelash Extensions and How is it Done?
Eyelash Extensions are individual strands of synthetic fibers made to replicate a natural eyelash. When applied, eyelash extensions lengthen and thicken your own natural eyelashes. The single strands are applied to each individual eyelash, one by one. With proper application, lash extensions look and feel completely natural.
The application process for lash extensions normally takes about 90-120 minutes for a full set of lashes and 45-60 minutes for a refill. You will lay comfortably on a massage table with your eyes closed while relaxing, ambient music is played in the background. During application, your lower lashes will be covered, and the extensions will be applied only to your upper lashes one at a time.
The normal human eye has 150-200 lashes per eye. Lindas Glow applies an extension to each and every lash you have. She doesn’t miss a single one because a full set is a FULL set. For those wanting ultra-glam, thick lashes, or those with very little natural lashes, we offer Volume lashes; the application of 3 or 4 ultra light-weight eyelash extensions applied to each individual natural eyelash.
Caring for Your Eyelash Extensions
Linda asks that you minimize the chance of wetting the extensions for the first 48 hours of wear. After that 48-hour period, the adhesive that’s used to apply your eyelash extensions is secure enough to allow you to get right back to your routine. However, keeping away from extensive contact with steam such as in saunas or certain facials is recommended since it can begin to loosen the bond. Here are some other tips and tricks for extending the life of your fabulous new extensions.
- Never allow shower water to beat directly on your extensions. Constant pressure on the extensions can cause them to “pop” off or wear off sooner than normal.
- Do not rub, pick, pull or twist your extensions.
- Do not sleep on your lashes. If you are a side sleeper, try and keep your lashes off of the pillow. Check out Linda’s tips to become a back sleeper.
- Gently comb the tips of your extensions with the spool brush provided as needed to straighten and “fluff” your extensions. Do not over-comb your extensions or use the spool brush as you would with mascara.
- Avoid using mascara on your extensions, as this can reduce their longevity, cause clumping, and dissolve the adhesive. You can, however, use mascara on your bottom lashes.
- Never use organic solvents or oil makeup removers on your extensions, as this will dissolve the adhesive and ruin your extensions.
- Receive regular fills to maintain the fullness and natural look of your extensions.
- Cleanse your eyelash extensions several times per week, if not daily, with our Revitalash Lash Shampoo; a water-based, non-irritating lash cleanser.
We are excited for you to come enjoy the ambience at Lindas Glow in Montecito. Prepare to relax and lose time while Linda creates the natural sweep of eyelash extensions that will have you feeling glamorous 24 hours a day.